Become a Captain
Do you want to be a champion of health in your community? Then consider becoming a Walk on Jupiter Captain, and leading a walking group in your community. As a Captain, you will be an organizer and motivator. You will lead a walk on a route that is convenient and meaningful to you and your community and provide support to the group so that they continue to walk.
Benefits of becoming a walking leader
- Take Off Toolkit: A PDF on the best practices of a walking group leader.
- Opportunity to win prizes for your group’s accomplishments.
- Leading the effort to create a stronger community that is healthier and loves to walk!
- Setting up a time, date, location, and distance that works for everyone.
- Communicating with and keep track of those coming to your walks.
- Logging your steps/miles on Healthier Jupiter’s page so that we can work together to walk the distance it would take to land on Jupiter.
- Consider joining the Walk on Jupiter group on Facebook.
**We accept applications for Walking Group leader on a rolling basis. No previous experience necessary, just a desire to create a healthier community!