A Healthier Jupiter Starts With You!
Use this guide of web links to help you find resources in and around your community that can help get you started in building a healthier life. You may be here for many reasons, from establishing medical care to increasing your physical activity or eating healthier. We are hopeful that you and the rest of the Jupiter community will become Healthier Together. *
Do you need medical care?
Even if you do not have a primary care physician these resources, including local Palm Beach County resources, below can assist you in getting medical are or making decisions about your health.
Diabetes Risk Assessment – Click Here
- American Diabetes Association – Click Here
- 211 Community Helpline – Click Here
- Phone: 211 or 561-383-1112
- Diabetes Coalition of Palm Beach County – Click Here
- For Health Insurance: Enroll Palm Beach – Click Here
- Phone: 800-318-2596
- You can also contact your Insurance Provider for additional resources
Local Jupiter Resources
Do you wish to eat healthier?
There is more to eating healthier than eating salads, below you will find some helpful resources to make balanced food choices that are tasty, fun and nutritious.
- HealthyForGood: Eat Smart. Add Color. Move More. Be Well – Click Here
- Fruit & Veggies – More Matters – Click Here
- USDA ChooseMyPlate – Click Here
- MyFitness Pal Food Tracker – Click Here
- A downloadable app is also available to help you track your food choices on the go.
- Mayo Clinic: Sample Menus for the DASH DIET** – Click Here
- **The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) is an AHA recommended diet aimed at lower or controlling high blood pressure that has also been showed to be effective in people with diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Do you want to increase your physical activity?
- Step It Up! Surgeon General – Click Here
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: 20 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans – Click Here
- American Heart Association: Get Moving! – Click Here
- American Diabetes Association: Fitness, What We Recommend – Click Here
Local Jupiter Resources
- Palm Beach County Parks – Click Here
- Healthier Jupiter Get Fit Map – Click Here
- Healthier Jupiter Walk & Talk Events – Click Here
What Does the Data Say?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Chronic Disease Indicator – Click Here
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Diabetes Data and Trends – Click Here
- World Health Organization – Click Here
*The information in this Healthier Life Guide is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only.