The greater Jupiter community works together, supporting each person to live the healthiest life possible.
Healthier Jupiter is a community-driven initiative designed to address health and quality of life issues from diabetes prevention and management to other areas of wellness. Healthier Jupiter brings the community together by listening to the needs of all, building support, and providing resources to empower people to make healthier choices.
Healthier Jupiter has three goals – awareness, access and inclusivity.
The goal of the Healthier Jupiter initiative is to spread awareness of high rates of Type 2 diabetes and other chronic conditions in the greater Jupiter area. The goal is to reach all those who are affected by a chronic condition or at risk of developing one by promoting lifestyles that are conducive to healthy living.
It is the goal of Healthier Jupiter to improve access to wellness education, medical care, services and supplies. Towards that goal, we will systematically identify and remove or reduce barriers to access, starting with increased opportunities for care for those with limited financial resources and insurance.
It is our goal to be inclusive in every aspect of the Healthier Jupiter initiative and to involve all those who live, work or learn in the greater Jupiter area, regardless of their age, gender, socio-economic status, national origin, race or religion.
- There will be an increased number of people who (1) know the risk factors for Diabetes; (2) know their numbers (risk) for Diabetes; and (3) know how to lower their risk
- There will be an increased number of people who make healthy food choices
- There will be an increased number of people who regularly engage in physical activities
- There will be an increased availability of educational community-based programs to prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- There will be a reduction in the barriers to medical services – detection and treatment – for those who are trying to prevent, manage or treat Diabetes or Pre-diabetes
- There will be an increase in funding to support and sustain Healthier Jupiter initiatives
- The rates of new Type 2 cases of Diabetes and Pre-diabetes will ultimately decrease