Healthier Jupiter committees meet monthly and the community is encouraged to participate. Committees include; Access to Medical Care and Marketing, Healthy Foods and Physical Fitness.
Access to Medical Care/Marketing Committee
Objective: To increase available community resources and improve awareness of those resources. To increase the visibility and community awareness of Healthier Jupiter, and to ensure that Healthier Jupiter is recognized as a community resource for wellness and diabetes prevention. Strategies include: a Toolkit for those that need to kick start a healthy lifestyle, community Needs Survey and a Healthier Jupiter Champion program.
Future Access to Medical Care/Marketing Committee Meeting Dates (2018):
- January 15, February 19, March 19, April 16, May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20, September 17, October 15, November 19, December 17
- Meeting Location Healthier Jupiter offices 1335 West Indiantown Road, Suite B, (attached to JMC Urgent Care) Jupiter, FL
- 5:30 pm – Chairs – Barbara Allan, Diane Williams
Healthy Foods/Physical Fitness Committee
A community committee dedicated to increasing the activity level and awareness of healthy foods to Greater Jupiter residents and provide opportunities for participation in physical activities to all in the community. Strategies include: creating an “Eat Smart” restaurant program and building a network of community gardens, Healthier Jupiter Walk & Talks, a social/educational/inspirational monthly activity. Focus will be on the social aspect while still including light activity.
We need our community residents’ voices… Please join our Healthy Foods/Physical Fitness committee – all are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Future Healthy Foods/Physical Fitness Meeting Dates (2018):
- January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10, June 14, July 12, August 9, September 13, October 11, November 8, December 13
- 10:00 am – Jupiter Community Center 200 Military Trail, Jupiter. Chairs – Ann Wark, Julie Wark Wolnewitz
Head to our Calendar Page for upcoming meeting dates. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.